Wednesday 20 October 2010

Wayne Rooney Responds

'I met with (chief executive) David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad, I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.'

'I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

'It is absolutely true, as he said that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

'I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?'

'Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18.”

'For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one off and a genius.'


Well as a fan of Man U I just have one thing to say Wayne....

You play with very talented top world class players, maybe it is just me but you are sounding very selfish and obnoxious right now and frankly as a supporter of this team I am disgusted at you. Not only by your recent personal issues but by the way you are treating this club. The fans and the club have always been there for you and for your sake I hope you dont throw this all away. Man United was probally the best thing that happened to you. Don't give it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment