Sunday 25 April 2010

Torres Health Fears

Liverpool player Fernando Torres has spoke out about fears over his health whilst playing iin the Premier League, also about boss Rafa Benitez,


"The Premier League is such a tough competition and I have always admired this championship and the players who are here," Torres, whose season has been scuppered by a knee injury which could see him miss the start of the World Cup with Spain, told The News Of The World.

"This is my third season and I'm still amazed to see (Steven) Gerrard, (Wayne) Rooney and (Frank) Lampard, players who have been here a long time, still playing at such a high level and with such impressive rhythm because the English league really wears down a player.

"I just can't imagine what state I'll be in within five or six years if I continue to play here - it could easily give me problems when I stop playing. The physical level is superior to all other countries."

On Rafa Benitez,

"If I score twice in a game I want to hear that I played badly to help me do even better next time," he added.

"Rafa is ruthless and sometimes it is tiring but he knows the right way to deal with me.

"I have put in a lot of effort but you always need someone who brings the best out in you, someone who is very demanding.

"If Rafa had not been here I would never have come. He has taught me a lot and he has helped me go beyond my limits and to be the player I am today."


Whilst I understand where he is coming from, as a fan of both Torres and Liverpool, I will be extremely sad if he leaves. In my opinion La Liga is just as hard if not harder than the premier league, but maybe if he feels a move there or to another country will do him good, then I will accept that and not be bitter. He needs to do what is best for him and not worry about what Liverpool fans may think.

Torres is looking to miss the start of the world cup this summer. Lets pray that does not happen and that he makes a speedy recovery. God knows this could be the summer of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment